Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Whew.

Glad that test is over.  I thought it went really, really well, too.  And I got an A on my lab practical.  So, one more exam this week - maybe - and I can breathe for a little while.

The "maybe" - I have a psych exam (yes, yet another one) this Thursday.  I also have jury duty tomorrow.  Normally I don't mind jury duty - it's a change of pace, sometimes interesting, sometimes not - but this time 'round, I really want nothing to do with serving, because if the trial goes more than one day (and seriously, with the kinds of hours they courtroom seems to keep, that's almost a given), I'll miss class AND my test, and Ms. Psych professor doesn't give make-up exams.  What she DOES do is drop your lowest exam grade on the semester and compute your grade based on the remaining scores (so, it's based on 7 out of 8 exams), so in essence, if I miss the exam that would be my dropped grade.  Which I suppose is fine, but what if I screw up on my own, down the road?  From what I understand the court really doesn't care about this kind of thing (school is not one of the recognized hardship excuses from petit jury service), so we'll just have to see what happens.  Not much sense in worrying about it, I guess.

This morning was a rainy, and therefore muddy run.  It also wasn't particularly fast, mainly because a good section of it was on trails, so I was squishing through stuff and trying not to land on my ass or do a face plant (which I almost did, woo! that would have been fun).  I figure, good practise for the trail race, since you never know what kind of weather you're going to face on a given date.  I saw no one else out on the road, or on the trails, which I guess isn't all that surprising since it was around 50 degrees, but honestly, it wasn't all that bad once you got going.  The hardest part of a rainy (or very cold) run is getting your ass out the door in the first place.

Might skip karate tonight.  I am assuming I will be taking my psych test and need to study, and it's going to take a few more hours before my brain quiets down enough for me to do that.  Right now, I sort of have post-test fog.

Go Phillies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment