Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day of Rest Not Very Restful, Akshully...

But at least I'm not on a jury.  They only called in groups for two jury pools, and my number didn't come up either time.  So I spent most of the day in a noisy, crowded area with other equally bored, distracted, and restless people and tried not to be too bored, distracted, and restless, myself.  Got in a bit of (probably poor quality) studying for tomorrow's exam, and managed to get out for a decent walk at lunch.  Also finished a book and read most of a magazine, and chatted up a couple of people who were also getting can't-sit-still-itis.

At least I wasn't called, and I'm off the hook for the next three years.  Yay!  But I do think my brain is turning to mush.  I'll be very happy when classes are over tomorrow, although I'm looking forward to A&P; we're starting on the muscles.

Speaking of which - I did decide to go with the modified FBB/PN UB workout scheme for the next five weeks.  I didn't have to change all that much, as it happens; three exercises, total, all things I have been doing and will do again in the first stage of MS.  (Front squat, incline bench, and one other, I forget what.  Plus I messed with the planks, because I'm up to two minutes on weighted planks and it's time to switch that up.)  I also got a new (well, used) book today, this little puppy:

I keep seeing Robert dos Remedios' name popping up, and having quickly reviewed the plans, I can see why: his approaches are similar to those of the Cosgroves.  I don't know what the relationship between those parties, if any, might be, but they've drunk from the same well, no doubt.  In any event, I only had a chance to briefly peruse the programs, but there's plenty of flexibility and variety, and I can see having fun playing with this at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment