Friday, October 29, 2010

Never say never, part somewhat or other

Heh, guess what I'm doing?

Driving for over an hour to run for less than half an hour.

Yep, I've actually entered a 5K, first time ever.  It's a Turkey Trot, to be held weekend before Thanksgiving, benefiting my nephew's school.  Not at all something I'd normally do, but then again, it's not something my sister would ordinarily do, and when she asked if I'd like to join her - seriously, how could I pass that up?  How often do you run a race with your sister?   Sis actually ran cross country in high school, but didn't continue on as anything other than the occasional recreational runner and to my remembrance, hasn't run a race since then.  Something new and different for both of us.  What a hoot!

Today was weights at the gym, one of the FBB workouts.  I liked it, although the rep scheme, which blends a bit of low rep with a lot of high (similar to the final phase of NROL/W), is not my favorite, mainly because counting 15 or so reps gets old fast.  I guess I could vary the rep scheme (d'oh), but OTOH sometimes it's not a bad idea to do what you don't like, and it's not as if a more endurance-like rep scheme isn't what they suggest for runners, anyway.  And, it'll be on to strength soon enough.

Bon weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment