Monday, September 13, 2010

So, perhaps no Insanity

Jeezy creezy.  I've mentioned before that we're going to be running Insanity out of the dojo (or more specifically, a Beachbody "coach" - BB-ish for "salesperson" - friend of Sensei's will be running the program); it's free to karate school members, costs $ for non-members.  I'm not really sure who's doing it, specifically - as far as I know, I'm the only person from the dojo, aside from sensei, who is interested - and I've had no input on when it's to start, when the classes would be held, etc.  Seriously, would YOU start this thing the day after you do a road race you've trained for for months?  I'd rather take an easy week, thank you, but whatever.  The time has fluctuated, but the latest I'd heard was it would be held M, W, F at 7:30, T and TH after karate - which is late for me, probably wouldn't start before 9, but I offered to come in and run the program at 4:30, before classes as an alternative, and Saturdays at around 10.

Got the final schedule yesterday and it's just a clusterfuck.  Whomever is setting the final schedule wants to do it at 8:30 on weeknights and not at all on the weekends (um, but it's a six day a week program, no?  How is that going to work out?).  To which I say, pffft.  I'm sure you night owls are saying, 8:30?  So what?  But I'm a morning person, always have been, and am usually shut down or well on my way there by 9, so this doesn't fly for me.

So much has fluctuated since this idea was originally presented that for all I know, it'll change again, but if not - maybe I'll catch it next time.  Plan B is to go back to lifting three days a week and running three days a week, with the focus on prepping for the trail run (for which my only goal is to finish).   Which is probably the better plan, anyway...  So, we'll see what happens.

Yesterday was pretty much a suck-ass sports day for me.  US Open Men's Final - rained out.  They play today, but I was looking forward to it and it would have been a nice diversion from the truly SUCKY Eagles game.  I was yelling at Andy Reid (the coach) before the first quarter was over, the new starting QB was out with a concussion before the first half was over, and our replacement was none other than the infamous Michael Vick, with whom I have a loathe/detest relationship, and also whom I can't forget is one talented bastard I would have gladly had on my team before - well, before.  Which in a way, ALSO bothers me because I wonder to what extent it's a double standard.  I know he's not the only person in football - in sports, for that matter - who has done despicable things, but I hate on him especially because I know about them?  And yet, how do you turn a blind eye to what he did?  So, yes, my feelings toward Vick are incredibly mixed, and I've been wishing he'd just go away because if he's not in Eagle's green, I'm under no obligation to deal with him.  Now, based on the play calling before Kolb (the new starting QB) went down and the fact that Kolb has a concussion, meaning who knows when he'll be back, I wonder if Vick will be the starting QB, and for how long?

And oh yeah, I watched a good chunk of the night game, and the Redskins have this new QB - #5? - who looked solid, if unspectacular.  Mc-something or other.

No comments:

Post a Comment