Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I live!

Just a quick HELLO type post.  I feel bad that I haven't had a chance to post before now, and that this will be short - I want to blab about the race and shit but it's just one of those weeks.  So, short style:

1) Completed the race!  Was 3 minutes over my goal time, but I'm not too wigged out over that in light of the training lessons learned.  More on that when I do actually post a race report!

2) Survived my first lab practical.  I studied like a mofo for this - much of the day Saturday, not really at all on Sunday (did get in some study time for psych), and all freaking day on Monday.  There was a TON of material to cover so I just dug in.  I think it went quite well; there were 36 questions and I was not sure of one of them, and in retrospect, I think I SWAGed the correct answer.  Of course I could be completely wrong about how I did but I don't think so.

3) Got back from class yesterday and immediately got an urgent message from sensei - he was held up in a board meeting and could I teach class?  I thought I might be better off studying, but agreed to anyway.  Put in a few hours study time before I headed over and was so brain dead I was happy for the break.

4) Just got back from a great AM training session with Sensei J; we spent a lot of time sparring and my head is just filled with stuff.  I feel like he's taking the restrictor plates off everything I learned previously.

5) Today is yet another heavy duty study day.  A&P exam tomorrow plus a psych test that is all about the A&P of the brain.  Woo!  So no race report likely until Friday.

6) Still not sure what my program is going to look like, training for the trail run.  It will involve weights, hills, and trails, but in what order, I don't know.

And my ride to yoga is going to show up any second now, so I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment