Monday, January 30, 2012

One week plus

So, I finally hit the mother of all leg workouts (well, so far!) last Friday.  I mean, holy shit.  The lifts included front squats - always torture, pin deadlifts (meaning, short range dead lifts that start at knee height), Bulgarian split squats - another perennial form of torture, and some ab/core work.  Because the pin deadlifts are such short range, you can really crank up the weight, so I was lifting my conventional DL 1 rep max, plus, for reps.   Between that, the front squats, and the warmup sets for both, I lifted a LOT of weight, and I was really leg sore on Saturday.  Saturday's workout, in turn, was upper body and plenty tough in and of itself.  I think I'm starting to get in tune with this program! 

Sunday I went for a run with the dojo running club.  Yeah, I'm not supposed to be running, but I am making this compromised of my own volition to keep my sanity.  My plan is to keep the club runs under five miles (and I did) and to keep the pace tame (which it was by my standards, although not as tame as I think Cressey would like).  But, there you have it.

Today I started the second week, which is an "easier" week than last week, meaning we do one less set of a couple of exercises.  Next week is a very hard week, and looks brutal.  Yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment