Wednesday, January 25, 2012

School daze

So I officially started the last semester of my undergraduate career today.  Yes, grad school is making me take TWO physics labs, because my college physics courses did not include a lab.  I don't know why not - we had bio and chem labs, as well as labs for non-traditional science courses - but that's the way it was, and now my acceptance into grad school is contingent on my passing these courses.

Make no mistake - I WILL pass these courses, hopefully with excellent grades.  But we did a practise pre-test today in one of the labs and it is clear to me that I remember very little from my past course work.  It's only been 25 years (shit, did I just type that?) so you'd think I'd recall SOMETHING, but - well, this is going to be interesting.  Challenging, I meant challenging!

----

Yesterday was an interval cardio day;  I opted to run (I will in all likelihood always opt to run, barring complete shit weather) and did HiiT as prescribed.  Today was an upper body workout at the gym.  These upper and lower body workouts conclude with 10 minutes of steady state cardio, which for now I will be doing on cardio machines because it's a lot easier than changing and hitting the road.  Today I ran on the treadmill for the first time (Monday I walked on a steep incline) - also ran in five fingers for the first time, as they're the "shoes" I wear in the gym.  I imagine it's different running in them on real ground; however I could feel a difference in my stride even on the mill.  Could be a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment