Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sorta back

Argh.  Lots to say, not much time at the moment.  Seems that's been a bit of an issue lately!

I'm still alive, & have lots on my mind.  I find in a way that STOPS me from starting a post, as I don't know that I'll ever get through it all.  Of course I get through nothing if I post nothing...  so briefly -

I've been running again for about three weeks, now.  It was all going pretty well until Sunday, when I churned out my longest run since restarting.  Felt fine during the run, but as soon as I stopped, I could tell the IT band wasn't happy.  It did the same thing today: fine during the run, stiff almost immediately afterwards.  I'm wondering if karate is a good idea tonight.  For the most part it doesn't bother me there, so I'm leaning toward yes, but I'm not really thrilled about this setback and am back to questioning my immediate running future.  The plan since I restarted has been to do the trail 15K and take things from there.  If this gets no worse, that will still be the plan.  But somehow, I'm not betting on it not getting worse, which is kind of a bummer.

Oh well.  I'll ramble more about this tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment