Thursday, May 6, 2010

Procrastinatin'

I should be out running before it gets any hotter... but I haven't updated in a long time and it's on my mind. So this will be brief.

The Drama continues - but not in the form of immediate upstairs neighbor, thankfully. We met a couple of times after the night I actually went up to (gently) complain, and since then, I wouldn't even know she was there. It's hard to believe it's the same person; she's actually quite nice, just going through a rough patch (divorce - I think many can relate - and relocation) and is a bit lost. So - yay! - lack of sleep is no longer an issue in my life.

Artist/manic girl, though... wow. Let me say first that she is a really nice person under it all, and apparently a fairly good artist (I have no way of judging, really - don't know shit about art - but she seems to sell plenty of her work, so she must be doing something right). I don't think she actually has a mean bone in her body BUT damn, does she have a flair for drama. I could type it all out, but it's not worth the effort; half the things would resolve or be compounded by tomorrow. The only thing that has me slightly worried right now is that she's fired her court-appointed prosecutor and plans to represent herself pro se in her case against the guy against whom she's filed assault charges. (Apparently, she worked in a law office for a while.) *sigh. To me that's like taking a knife to a gun fight, even if we are only talking municipal court. I don't usually try to talk her down - there's no point - but this time I did, to no avail. Maybe over time it'll sink in...

LOL. I don't even know why I'm blogging about that crap, except that I've never known anyone who could invent this degree of a whirlwind around themselves and it's kind of fascinating to watch.

Exercise stuff: I am DONE Stage 5 of NROL/W: did the last workout yesterday. About halfway through, I realized I was so demotivated by the workout and flat-out frustrated with the amount of time it took to complete that I couldn't even work up a resounding "happy" that I was done the freaking stage. I chopped most of the rest periods to hell and even so, the thing took me over an hour and a half to complete. I maxed the weights everywhere I could and in the end, I STILL didn't have that incredibly worked-out feeling one might expect after one works out out for over 90 minutes. Bah. I guess what I'm saying poorly is that I don't like not liking my workouts, and I really didn't enjoy that stage at. all. Plus, I've come to question the workout design in several places... (See what happens when you utterly bore my ass with 2 minute rest periods?) BUT, it's over, and the stage 6 and 7 workouts look to be much shorter (under an hour) and I'm totally ready for that.

The running is going well, and another reason I'm looking forward to shorter gym workouts is that I'd like to start increasing my mileage, and maybe sneak in some speed work here and there. I'd like to add one more day a week of running, which will most likely be Mondays; that would be a short run, 2 - 3 miles. Tuesdays and Thursdays would stay in the 4 - 5 mile range and Saturday would creep from 5 upwards. The goal would be to get to 20 miles a week by end of May, and stay around there in June. That's the plan, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment