Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Of all of the holidays, Thanksgiving and 4th of July are easily my favorites.   I love this day in particular because it is all about food and family (yeah, and football), and as crazy as it can get?  It's still no where near as crazy as Christmas, while to me it's every bit as festive.  In fact it's nearly all the good things about Christmas in a single, much less stressful day. 

I just had breakfast with my folks - simple stuff, fresh fruit, delicious eggs and hash browns and good coffee.  I took over my cold contributions to the dinner (a dessert - pumpkin cheesecake - and an app - hummus) and will take over a side (corn pudding) later.  My sister and family as well as my aunt and cousins will be there for dinner, with more family expected for dessert.

I've been thinking about all of the things I appreciate and am incredibly thankful for on this and every day:

My family.  Somehow we are very close without being overentangled, if that makes any sense.  I guess it's a combination of love and respect and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My critters.  A part of my family that deserves special mention, because they're the ones I live with.  They're my little daily doses of happy, my little anchors, my companions.  And they probably think I exist to serve them.  Go figure.

My health.  Having lost it, I'm incredibly grateful to have it again.  This year has been about rebuilding myself, and I'm happy to have been able to have patiently done that.

My brain.  Which still seems to work.

My amazing friends and even acquaintances, who always seem to be there when I really need it, whether they know it or not.  I hope I am at least as helpful to them in return.

I wish everyone a safe, happy, and hopefully delicious holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment